inremp road les buenavista bohol 600pxOfficials of the local government, project, and DENR are on hand to witness the inauguration ceremony

Buenavista, Bohol – Project beneficiaries here have started to reap the fruits of Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management Project (INREMP) with the turnover and inauguration of the 5.2-kilometer Panghagban-Catigbian access road, and the launching of two livelihood enhancement support (LES) projects on March 5, 2020.

INREMP National Project Manager Percival Cardona led the ceremonial turnover of the road project, which cost PhP17.1 M to construct, to Buenavista Mayor Dave Duallo, and Brgy. Captains Samuel Aparece and Artemio Membreve of Panghaban and Catigbian, respectively.

On hand to witness the event were Congressman Aris Aumentado of the 2nd District of Bohol; 2nd District Board Member Franz Garcia, who represented Gov. Arthur Yap; Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 7 Regional Executive Director Paquito Melicor Jr.; Bohol Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Officer (PENRO) Charlie Fabre; and City Environment and Natural Resources Officer (CENRO) Elpidio Palaca of CENR Office Talibon.

Other officials who attended the turnover and inauguration ceremony were members of the Sangguniang Bayan and department heads of the municipality of Buenavista, officials of the two barangays, representatives from the Foreign-Assisted and Special Projects Service (FASPS), and representatives from the INREMP National Project Coordinating Office (NPCO) and its regional counterpart in Region 7.

Congressman Aumentado lauded DENR and its partners for aiding their district in the rehabilitation of the access road and hastening the process, which would have taken a few more years to complete had the rehabilitation relied only on the allocated funds of their local government. He added that the convergence strategy must continue to be employed, even as he promised to focus his congressional fund allocation to infrastructure needs of his district, especially in Buenavista.

The road project is among the 17 infrastructure projects being implemented in Bohol under INREMP and the second to be turned over after completion. The first was the one in Danao.

For rural infrastructure projects, INREMP provides a grant of 80% of the total cost while local governments have to shoulder the remaining 20% to complete the project.

Relative to LES, two out of the 32 subprojects have been completed and ready for launching. One is equipment support that comprises farming machineries like floating tillers, threshers, grass cutters, and water pumps. These soon will become available for use of the residents of the two barangays. (PWP/ Romeo Teruel and John Timothy Valenzuela)

 

Back to Top