Statement of Policy
The Foreign-Assisted and Special Projects Service (FASPS) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) is committed to protect and respect your personal data and privacy. As a government instrumentality, it is our explicit obligation, duty and responsibility to implement and comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, National Archives of the Philippines Act of 2007, Electronic Commerce Act of 2000, and other pertinent laws.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect the following personal data when you inquire or request something from us.
- Name. We treat you with dignity and we want to call you by name, not by some random numbers. You are important to us.
- Email Address. We will answer you by email, especially if the answer requires some attachment.
- Phone (optional). We do not require that you provide us your phone number, but if you do, we can answer you by phone.
- The medium from which you found or hear about us. We want to be of service to everybody, especially the marginalized sector of our society. Knowing where or how you found us enables us to design effective outreach strategies.
- Operating system. Does our website maintain its layout, structure and functionalities when viewed through devices using different operating systems, including mobile operating systems?
- Web browser. Does our website maintain its integrity even when viewed through different web browsers?
- IP address. We collect IP addresses to count the number of unique visitors, but we do not store them in our database.
- Pages visited. Which pages are most visited often? Perhaps we can enhance them, or put them in the most accessible portion of our website.
- Date and time of page visits. This is used to calculate website time-dependent metrics, such as number of visitors per month.
- Geolocation. This is usually summarized by country, not by geographic coordinates.
We NEVER share your personal data to anyone else outside FASPS. Instead, we use them to process your request according to your specific needs within mandated time, format, and manner. We also use them to improve our processes to serve you better.
Only authorized personnel have access to your personal information. The technology that is used in the storage of your personal data is chosen on the premise that the latest data encryption is being employed to secure your personal data.