The Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA) is organizing a roundtable dialogue on June 8, 2021 (World Oceans Day) aimed at supporting collaborative actions to harness blue economy in post-pandemic recovery plans. Called “Towards a Blue Economy Pathway for the East Asian Seas,” the event is the first of a series of collaborations that will culminate in the East Asian Seas (EAS) Congress 2021 on December 1-2.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the temporary shutdown or restriction of activities in many ocean-related industries, such as fisheries, transport, manufacturing, and tourism. Negative environmental impacts such as the proliferation of plastics pollution and illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing have also been reported.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mr. Say Samal, Minister of Environment, Cambodia
- Ambassador Peter Thomson, Special Envoy for the Ocean, UN
- Atty. Analiza Rebuelta-Teh, Undersecretary for Finance, Information Systems and Climate Change, Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Philippines
- Engr. Zhang Zhanhai, Director General, Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR), PR China
- Mr. Nguyen Que Lam, Deputy Director-General, Viet Nam Administration of Seas and Islands (VASI)
- Mr. Arief Yuwono, Chair, EAS Partnership Council, and Senior Advisor, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Indonesia
For full article and information on registration and other details, please click HERE.