The Foreign-Assisted and Special Projects Service of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has announced that it is starting to accept project proposals to be funded through the Special Project Funds.
The Special Projects are the Department’s locally-funded projects that are short term (one to two years) or an interim undertaking to address specific issues in the ENR sector. The call for proposals will support the implementation of the approved 2021-2040 Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) Framework Plan of the Department.
To be eligible, a proposal should meet the following:
- Directly supports the current priority thrusts and directions of the Department and to the 2021-2040 ENR Framework Plan;
- Not a duplication of any on-going or completed projects in terms of area coverage and corresponding activities;
- Must have an identified sustainable mechanism i.e., it has the ability to continue whether through policy advocacy, institutional capacity building, or replication of
similarly related projects;
- Proposed project cost of up to PhP 2 million; and
- Eligible expenses cover the Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE).
The deadline for the submission of project proposals is on 31 March 2023. For more information, continue reading.
Call for Proposals